Skip to main content

Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

I'm giving you the recipe this time! This is one of my favorites and it's a lighter soup, so I don't feel as weird having it in the warmer months as well as the colder ones.


Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

Servings ~ 4

Ingredients:
7 cups chicken broth (or equivalent in bouillon)
1 cup (uncooked) orzo
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
4 large eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground white pepper

Directions:

1. Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan and add uncooked orzo. Cook until orzo is almost done.

2. Whisk together the eggs and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of the hot broth from the orzo (it's ok if some orzo gets in, but try not to get too much).

3. Whisk warmed egg mixture into the saucepan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken and pepper and cook, stirring often, until chicken is heated through (1-2 minutes)

4. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun with spirals

Spirography

My latest hyperfixation....

I made this today

I've been creating a lot again lately. And it feels good.