Skip to main content

Rice County Fair 2013

Since I didn't post a Friday Photo the last two weeks, you're being given a treat. I had the pleasure of capturing a few fair photos yesterday at my hometown county fair. It was a lot of fun, especially the night photos, and it was also fun bringing my husband there for the first time.

Enjoy.











I think the most fun was the ferris wheel since it kept changing colors and patterns. I got a few cool shots.

As always, click on the picture to see it bigger...

Which photo is your favorite?

Popular posts from this blog

The invitations

Now that the wedding is over and I don't need to worry about any unexpected guests showing up, I can share the invitations I designed. I was really happy with how they turned out and got a lot of great feedback.

You might remember from our Save the Date cards that our reception was a game theme. So I designed the invitations to look like playing cards.


The main part of the invitation features the King and Queen of hearts. I found some text online that I liked and edited it a bit to fit our event. Here's what the main invitation final product looked like:

Since we also needed to include the addresses for the church, reception, and hotel, I made an Ace of hearts card, too. (Get it? 'A' for address?)

I also wanted to include a map since we'd have a lot of out of town guests. I know most people have a GPS these days, but it just seemed like a good idea. For the map, I saved a screenshot of the area in Google Maps, then traced over the lines I wanted in Photoshop Elemen…

Just need the right motivation

Look who pulled herself up to standing today! Previously she's just gone to knees. Guess she just needed the right motivation!

Android Home Screen Design

I have an Android phone. It's over 2 years old, but it still works great. If there's a good deal at Christmas, maybe I'll upgrade.

To keep things feeling fresh, I like to play around with the look of the home screens on my phone. From what I understand (I've never used one), that's not something that's possible with the iPhone. So, I thought I would share my latest endeavor.

I used a tutorial and I'll link to it at the end of the post (his screen is pretty cool, possibly cooler than mine).

So this is my main screen:

The cool part is that all you're seeing is my wallpaper (created in photoshop). I've used transparent icons such that when you click on the objects, it opens different apps. For example, if you tap the phone, it will open the phone app so you can make a call. Click on the monitor to browse the web, the envelope for voicemail, and the calculator for ... a calculator. No more boring icons.

Screen 2:

I have a number of different camera apps…